Tracking

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lost, Found and Hand-Me-Down

Good morning!  Today is the first day of Lost, Found and Hand-Me-Down and I hope to get some players to learn some stories about your treasures too.  I wanted to start this because I inherited some pretty nifty and vintage trinkets from my Grandmother when she passed.  At first, I didn't feel like it was appropriate to go on the web and say "Hey, look what I've got!" and I still don't think it is.  However, I wanted to find a way to share these lovely pieces without exploiting my Gram's memory and instead showcasing their loveliness and sentimental value.  The good thing about this meme is that it can encompass so many other unique stories.  So without further ado it is time to share.....
....Vintage Corelle Ware

This is awesome to me for several reasons. First, I needed some dishes the kids couldn't break and fit all the other needs of a working mom and family.....and we all know function is a must with me so Corelle naturally fits the bill. Let me tell you, I have been looking at some Corelle and other similar dishes available now and I just wasn't pleased with any of the designs. I figured I would just sit tight and keep looking. Not an easy thing for me to do, but man, was it worth it.
As we were preparing for my Gram's estate sale I noticed this box of dishes ready to be set out.  I couldn't believe I hadn't seen them earlier!  Now vintage is not always my thing, but the design and simple blue and white color scheme made my heart skip a beat.  Not to mention the fact that this wonderful set was my Gram's and she used it to feed her 7 kids.  Yeah that's right, I said 7 and this set is for 7 people, not 8, so there is even some quirkiness to add to its charm.
I have found the teacups are exceptional dessert and fruit bowls.  The kids think it is funny to eat from them rather than drink.  So I hope you liked this post and hope you will play too.  It means a lot to me to share these things because I think they are so grand!  Hope to see your mug next Tuesday for another session.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment