Tracking

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lost, Found and Hand-Me-Down

Today I want to share one of my favorite things in the whole world...........YARN!!!!!  Now I had a lot of yarn before, but this is all from Gram.  She filled up a small dresser with hand-me-down fibers of all different weights and colors and material.  And this isn't even all of it.  I have two handsome baskets on top of this overflowing with skeins of yarnage and one basket as decoration.  Who knows how much I have stashed elsewhere.  Needless to say, thanks to Gram I probably won't be buying any yarn for awhile.  Hubble make sure you thank her too.  She saved us a mint!
And where would my yarn go without...
...knitting needles!

Most of these belonged to Gram too and I am so grateful they were passed my way.  I remember watching her use many of these to make sweaters and blankets for the family and countless other people too.  Hopefully, I can render something wonderful on them as well.  After all, Gram is the one who taught me how to knit and crochet.  It would be a shame to let the sticks cool off.

Hope you can play along.  I am going to try to join up with Kirsty tomorrow Thursday for "My Creative Space" in case you are in the neighborhood.

Ciao!




2 comments:

  1. Crocheting is very nostalgic for me because my grandmother first taught me and I have numerous blankets and things around my house that she made. I'm lucky to still have her with me and I try to spend as much time with her as possible. Grandmothers are such wonderful people =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are Kat. I miss her tremendously. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete