Tracking

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lost, Found or Hand-Me-Down

 We've got a full three piece LFHMD today...one of each.  Hooray!  The lineup is a little different as there is no vintage Gram-my treasures today, but have no fear-Gram's retro pieces will be popping up off and on for a while.  Leading the pack...
...a lost, or what I thought was lost, Astilbe sprout.  Planted last year this little clearance pod was a very sorry entry into the soil and, not surprisingly, never grew.  Even the little point of the pod no longer stuck its head above the dirt so I let the thought of him go until I was weeding this bed for the third time this Spring.  Then all of a sudden, he was there and I was overjoyed...because I am huge botanical NERD.
 Found....this guy.  Does anyone have any clue what kind of insect this is?  He followed me home from the grocery store Saturday and stuck around in the driveway for about three hours stroking his long, orange antennae.  Very cool and somewhat creepy. 

Believe it or not these blooms are hand-me-downs from a friend's mother.  She gave me a chunk of Hydrangea a few years back for helping her out with a yard sale.  This poor thing has been moved at least three times since her arrival...she just couldn't get comfy anywhere.  I think she has found her new home though under the Crape Myrtle.  Works for me-she produced three different colors of blooms for me this year and more are still budding.  I know it's a pH thing with the soil, but it still makes me giddy.

Link up if you are playing and leave a note in the comments.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment