Tracking

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Little Concrete

Last Thursday, the little princess and I went with her preschool on her first ever field trip.  She visited a school district owned site that I used to visit every year with my elementary school...Little Creek!  Considering the economic pressure so many school districts are enduring right now, I feel very fortunate that Boober was able to experience Little Creek and hope it is there for many years to come.  For whatever reason she calls it Little Concrete and it is so cute I can't tell her to stop. 
First we went on a bug hunt.  This was a catch and release hunt and the kids were all given little jars with magnifying lids on top for better observation.  She wanted nothing more than to catch a ladybug and catch one we did.  Other than that she was more interested in running...or asking to be picked up. Chuckle.
We saw so many cool bugs that day-ya know, the kind you typically see in books.  We saw a monarch and swallowtail caterpillar, shield bug, cricket, ladybug (the real ones), leaf hopper and a multitude of others.  There was also plenty of flowers and plants to take pictures of, but I will have to show them a different day.  After she turned in her jar we headed inside and got the chance to personally visit with some wildlife.

 The snake was fricking huge!  I had to move to the back of the room.  Then to my surprise and horror, the lady put the thing down and let it slither around!  Of course it went straight for my girl who didn't seem to notice at all.  I just knew I was going to have to stomp the snake, grab her and run for our lives.  Luckily Mrs. Slither wasn't on the ground for long and my blood pressure eventually went back to normal.  We finished up the venture with a snack and I made my way to work.  We had a blast and the girl was ready for a serious snooze.  I'd call that a good day.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't picture you as someone who would have a fear of snakes!

    ReplyDelete