Tracking

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lost, Found or Hand-Me-Down


Hola.  This week's treasure comes from the maternal side of my family.  This trinket box belonged to my Grandma White.  I called her that because she had a full head of white hair when I knew her.  She passed when I was very young and this piece was inherited by my aunt.  It stayed with her until a few years ago when it came my way.  The hinge is broken, but I love it's Victorian vintage appeal.  And I love that it was Grandma White's since I haven't had the chance to know her beyond age 3.  I am not sure if it is considered valuable, but it certainly carries a lot of charm.  But wait, there's more...
Inside there is also a hand-me-down necklace to be admired.  It could use a a good cleaning, but I love trying to think of the things she wore this with.  The amber beads are actually replacements for some faux pearls whose finish was wearing off, but they bring out the rose gold leaves on the piece and are a better fit for the enormous yellow rhinestone.  I still have yet to actually wear it, but I don't feel I have the right outfit to do it any justice.  Tell you what, I will post up here when I get it worn.

If you have something to share post your link in the comments.  Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment