Tracking

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Lost, Found or Hand-Me-Down

I promise this will be the last Christmas-y LFHMD post until next year. Try not to shove it all down your throat at once, ya know? I happen to be sharing ornaments again today, although this time they were lost and not hand-me-downs. They are also not originally ornaments, but I decided the tree is the best place to preserve these memories.
 Meet Moo-Cow. He used to hang from Bud's baby gym and my drool-y little guy loved to chew on him. I stumbled upon Moo-Cow when I was doing my systematic household purge and he distracted me from there. A quick bath and strong hook was all it took for Buddy's friend from infancy to take his place on our tree.
You probably recall earlier this year I was reunited with some old gal pals of mine. It turns out I received a sign I would see them again when this little Sprite showed up at the end of the holiday season last year. I had every intention of giving my Sprite a home on my tree, but I forgot about him until I pulled the decorations out this year. I was delighted to see his colorful face when I opened the first box. Sprite is a friend of Rainbow Brite, see? I used to have all the different colored Sprites, but he is the only one who has gone the distance with me.

I think that may be one of the reasons the Christmas tree is my favorite part of this holiday. It's like old friends getting together. It's a story with little histories hung on the branches. It reminds me of where I have been and what I have done and how there is always room to grow.

Mooches. OP

3 comments:

  1. I am so sad to be missing Christmas with you guys this year. I certainly hope it is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete