Hi there. It's reflection time so put on your cardigan sweaters and comfy shoes. We're going back in time.
goals for 2010. Let's make a list of how I did...
1. I enrolled in school for the fall semester. I earned straight A's.
2. I read 12 new books (one a month was the goal here).
3. I updated the blog most weeks.
4. I worked full time and hated it.
5. The time spent with the kids was meaningful for all of us, but I still feel like there is room for improvement.
6. Upon looking back, I am surprised by how much I actually made this year. It felt like I never had time for any yarning, but I really made quite a bit. Photo showcase on this a little later.
7. I am not a better housekeeper and by this I mean I don't plan for it accordingly. But I have already started making amends to this so I don't go crazy.
8. This was by far my biggest accomplishment of 2010. I lost 24 pounds this year and gained three back. I am really proud of this and the habits I established this year to remain a healthy individual. I have ten more to shed and will be kicking major butt to get there by my 30th birthday in April. More than enough time.
1. A switch to pescetarian eating. Why? For the most part this is how I eat anyway. I was put to the test last night when Hubble made fried chicken, but I made it. Second, it is better for the planet. I don't really care for the way poultry, pigs and cows are raised and I choose not to afford the ones that are raised well. Lastly, it is better for me, personally. Meat tastes amazing and I don't deny its place, but this is a switch I am ready to make, most likely for good.
2. No beer aside from TASTING what my brother brews. Again, not a huge jump here. I stopped drinking it most of the time last year when I was trying to lose weight. The two times in my life I had a huge weight gain I was also drinking a lot of beer. It's a no-brainer for me.
3. Now for the fun stuff. In addition to reading one new book each month I would also like to try one new knit or crochet pattern. I am going to attempt to knit an amigurumi this year. I keep avoiding it because I am scared I will screw it up, but that is so ridiculous. No fear yarning!
4. I am going to take a bubble bath every week to unwind.
5. I am going to try a new recipe each month.
6. John and I are going to have date night once a month. Just us.
7. I am going to work on my dance moves so I can go dancing with Killa Milla of Scarlett Garnet jewelry.
I have a few more specific things I would like to do. Time management will be key this year. I am looking forward to trying new things and going part-time again. Everyone should work part-time.
I hope your new year is amazing and fulfilling. Ciao!