Tracking

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Winter Weather

Our big snowstorm was somewhat of a let down since most of us have never seen 20 inches of snow all at once, but we received our fair share of ice.

 We have actually had three bouts of snow this winter and are working on the fourth as I write. My car is now stuck at the end of our driveway over a poorly plowed mound of ice and snow.

I think more snow would have fallen into my car when I attempted to thaw it had it not been anchored by a dense sheet of ice. However, I can always appreciate the initial serenity a blanket of snow will impose.

The pooch and I were both tickled by the fact we did not sink in the snow because of the underlying ice. Every now and then my boots would find a soft spot, but it was neat to mosey across the top layer accumulation.

I typically try not to get tired of the seasonal weather because I feel it is essential to the Earth's and our own well-being, but it would be false for me to say I don't want a break from it...at least the wet stuff.

4 comments:

  1. I love your pictures, always excited to see new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Bella. It really captures her Bellaness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought so too. I couldn't believe she held still long enough.

    ReplyDelete