Tracking

Monday, January 2, 2012

Earflap Hat

Disclaimer: In the spirit of catching up and expanding my online portfolio of my sensational yarning capabilities, I am going to be sharing pieces from last year (OMG - is she for real?) For real. This is totally last year.

My niece turned 4 in August, so I made her a hat in October. I used this pattern from Lion Brand as a jumping off point because otherwise you get a hat for a shrunken skull. Luckily, I was able to find a willing subject to test the size.
Starting at the top, this is the second pom pom I made, and looking back, still could have been bigger - but I like it.
The added rows give it more of a pixie vibe while providing additional noodle coverage. Keeps it al dente.

    So let's see...this hat works up quickly, uses one-two skeins of bulky yarn, and yields warmth and cuteness. I considered embellishing with a felt skull and crossbones patch, but decided to leave the decision to her. There are tons of possibilities for personalization with this hat.

Ciao!









***Good news - I just made this hat again and this time I wrote down my alterations so I will share those when I share the second hat.  
















2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Your model is exquisit! Nice handwork on the hat too! Luv ya,
    Auntie I

    ReplyDelete