5 Books that I Love
- Charlotte's Web - Classic child's story, read to me when I was 8 by a teacher I adored. I still have the copy she gave me.
- Shamanic Way of the Bee - This tantalizing mix of fact and fantasy is how I got hooked on the honeybee.
- Lord of the Rings - This trilogy rocked my world by allowing me into its very detailed and imaginable world. It's so hard to describe my love for these books.
- The Awakening Land (image above) - This trilogy rocked my world and is where my middle name comes from. The writing is incredible and I really think this set should be required reading in high school as it gives a realistic guess about early European settlers and their lives.
- Possesing the Secret of Joy - The number 5 spot could have gone to so many titles, but I chose this one because I reflect back on it so often. A good reminder of how we are our own victims and can overcome our demons. FYI - this is not a self-help book, but a story of one culture's tradition of circumcising females.
My book list could really go on and on. These books and many others have taken up rooms in my head and heart and left me forever changed. I mean, isn't that the job of good writing? What books have changed you? Ciao. ~ OP