Tracking

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Counting Down

Saturday is my last day of employment. I am excited at the opportunities this will open up for me and my family. I am excited to do important work full-time. Some of you may know that I tried staying home full-time after my daughter was born. I was watching another infant for extra income and it was an emotional disaster. I had no idea how to make the most of my time at home. I had the new mommy blues at times, and was bored to tears (literally). We had no flexible plan for the inconsistencies of life and no financial framework. We were late on one house payment and I went back to work part-time. Then, there was no way around it.


But now, we are going to try it again. And we can do it. For one thing, I have adjusted my attitude (biggest step) and believe in our abilities to make the most of this change. Secondly, I have been practicing frugal and sustainable habits to stretch our dollars further. We save glass jars to store homemade yogurt and stock. I am learning about canning and preserving. We are working an organic garden this summer. I am making green cleaners and now I look for ways to make everything I use myself. I am still learning and practicing, but it has made this switch much more seamless. The last thing we did was a flexible budget. With this in place, I put in my two weeks and feel empowered instead of overwhelmed.

Saturday at noon will be bittersweet because I enjoy the people I work with, but nothing can replace the value I can now bring to my family everyday. ~ OP

2 comments:

  1. Aw hun..you can do it..if you want to you can do anything you set your mind to..good luck and you can always email for support if you want..i know how scary it can be
    take care
    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I would imagine you have lots of good advice.

      Delete