Tracking

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Stripes, Chevrons, and a ?


During our family vacation to Florida this summer, Hubble and my brother spotted a yarn shop in Sarasota while we were out thrifting. They should have known better than to mention it to me, especially while on vacation. A u-turn and a couple of lights later, we arrived at A Good Yarn. What a treat that shop is! I highly recommend stopping in if you are ever near Sarasota, FL. They have their own local yarn that is inspired by photographs of the beach, ocean, and underwater scenery. Anyhoo, as overwhelmed as I was by the yarn bombed palm tree out front and the drool worthy fibers inside, I managed to make up my mind. In the clearance section. Not surprising really.

I scored some Cascade 220 for $2.50 a skein and came across a tub full of some Noro sock yarn, which I had never used before. It is truly beautiful; to work with and to see. Had I known all of those colors would come from the seemingly jungle green and red ball of yarn I thought I had picked up, I would have bought every single ball. It was vacation after all.

I worked up this pattern hoping the self-striping yarn would embolden the stitches, without overpowering the whole piece or making it look too granny-ish. And it did. It was so exciting to watch stripe after stripe align itself and show off the next color. How does it stripe like that anyway? I think I spent more time looking at it, as I hooked it, than actually crocheting. It's lovely.


But now I'm stuck. I have another ball in this colorway that was meant to be added on to this for a wrap. I don't think I would use it as such, though. Not really a wrap kind of girl. It could be a scarf, but I would prefer a little more length to it, leaving me with an even smaller amount to find a purpose for in the second ball. I have also thought to make it a table runner, but I don't think that is what this is meant to be either. Any ideas? ~ OP

No comments:

Post a Comment