Tracking

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sewing Project: Capes



These reversible capes were everyone's favorite Christmas gift. I made my own patterns and appliques and while they are not technically perfect, the normal observer would never notice. The fabric came from two flat sheets I saved making them essentially free.

Buddy's cape has dynamite on one side and a saguaro cactus on the reverse. I crocheted him a stick of dynamite to accompany the cape. Boober's is complete with lightning and cheese on the red side and an old timey wick bomb on the reverse. She got a crocheted bomb to throw around as well.

 Considering this was my fourth sewing project and first pattern draft I am really proud of these. The kids have a lot of fun pretending in them and I could tell they were genuinely excited and impressed by them. Now I just need to make the masks. Every super entity needs a mask. ~ OP

Update: This is also the last Christmas item I have to show you...I think. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment