Tracking

Monday, May 27, 2013

Play With Your Food


I LOVE play food, especially when it's not plastic. I wish we had our own set of squishy delectables in the house, and after making this grouping, I am anxious to get to it. The requirements for this set, and the reason for the unusual mix, was 1. I had to use yarn I had on hand. 2. I wanted all the yarns to be the same fiber. (I used cotton) 3. They had to be washable. I think I won this round of stash busting.

These were made for my favorite just-turned-two-year-old and I hope he gets hours of fun from playing with his food. I would also like to thank my photo assistant, Boober, who learned about paid modeling through this job.

I voluntarily left the seed detailing off because I didn't like anything other than seed beads and didn't feel it was safe for a toddler.

This is the project, where after years of crocheting, I finally learned about "right" side and "wrong" side in amigurumi. I have always questioned it, but never needed it until this. I actually prefer the smoother look to the wrong side, but this is still embarrassing.


I changed the pattern a little for each one of these, made the leaves into one piece instead of three, and stuffed the larger carrots lightly.

Well, you have to have some dessert in there. Is it just me or do the cupcakes with the ruffle edges not look like regular cupcakes to anyone else? I will have to come up with a more realistic pattern, but it didn't stop her from taking a bite. This is the only non-washable piece and umm, there are seed beads, but the piece wouldn't be the same without them. His parents might have to shelve this one until he's a little older. Oh well.


Happy birthday E-man! I have so much fun watching you grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment