Tracking

Monday, June 10, 2013

Peach and Caymee


Mama and baby sea turtles for daughter's birthday? You got it. She found this set as I was looking through Ana Paula Rimoli's Amigurumi 2 book. It made sense that she would request her own since we have been reading much about these creatures.


I was tricky too and didn't give it to her at her party because I think she may have seen the turtles in progress. Instead, I made sure she had something to open on her actual birthday and reclaimed the surprise. She loves them and decided to name the mama 'Peach' and the baby 'Caymee'.


After I assembled the newborn, I was bowled over by its cuteness. It's so damn small and is just begging for someone (ahem, me) to make a silly voice and pretend I it is in Finding Nemo. All the toys in this pattern book have a high cute factor, which is not something I always appreciate, but I really like the patterns in this book even we crochet a little differently.


Peach also comes with four unhatched eggs. Everything stores nicely inside her shell top when not being played with, making it a cinch to keep track of all the parts.


It's funny to me how pieces like this always end up with so much personality. I don't know if that comes from the playing that ensues or the artist's design. Either way, we love these girls and maybe one of the other eggs will hatch too.

No comments:

Post a Comment