Tracking

Monday, June 24, 2013

Sewing Class: Ironing Board Cover


Never again will I have to grumble at the cutesy and boring offerings from Target in the ironing board cover department. Nope, I can make my own...with any fabric I want.


This is my kind of floral and I really felt like this red color would not show burn marks as quickly. Fingers crossed I am right!


This was before I washed it, hence the floppy fabric. I intentionally washed the finished piece after it was sewn to help it have a snug fit when I put it on. Worked like a dream. As intimidating as something like this looks, it was probably one of the easier projects I have done. The instructions for lesson were better too. Trace, cut, finish edge, sew in elastic, wash, and adorn your board with your new (way better) cover. Loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment